-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of David Alcock
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:03 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Downloading IBM manuals

Every time a new z/OS operating system level comes along I go to the IBM
library page and download each manual I'm interested in (i.e. most in
the MVS bookshelf) one at a time and give them somewhat meaningful names
like "zos 110 init and tuning ref.pdf" instead of iea2e291.pdf for
example.  What do you do?

<SNIPPAGE>

I do the same thing, but I leave the "IBM" name as the first characters.
I have asked, and was roundly shot down by someone at IBM, that perhaps
there should be some way to make this friendly.

The thinking is, there are links in the manuals to other of IBM's
manuals, and renaming breaks those. If Acrobat and IBM could get things
to come together, the link would search for the first 8 characters...

[Since I was out of the office yesterday, you watch that someone else
has already posted something similar...]

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Opinions expressed by this poster may not reflect those held by
poster's employer --