On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 02:18 -0500, Bruno Sugliani wrote:

> What about using the r10pdf.htm provided by IBM ?
> Just modifying the source (replacing http:// etc by the real path on the
> directory )

This can be done from the web as well, and is (effectively) what I do.
I have a (Linux) bash script that I use to pull the index page, and
strip out what I want - the hrefs and the tables. That way I get an
updated index page with sensible manual names without any effort.
Then it diffs my previous index.html, and generates a file that gets fed
into wget to pull new/updated manuals. Unfortunately relies on the dash
level of the manual number to determine updates - and sometimes IBM
don't bother updating the dash level.
Handy to have a script I can just fire off every so often to get updates
automagically.

Shane ...