The IBM DB2 Cloning Tool might also provide a solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
farzad yazdi
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 5:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Is Xrc a reasonable solution between two databases created
separately(in DB2)?

Tim, thanks for the clarification and bringing things out in the open. We have
the remote distance GDPS/XRC in hand for DR and there are no major problems
with that. The issue here is for a local site and I guess the broad question to
ask is, if it is possible to do a mirroring of selected DB2 tables' underlaying
linear VSAMs from one DSN to another (locally) without the intervention of the
source DB2's CPU. We know we can do this but are somewhat unclear about what
would happen when the VSAMs get extends, what would happen in source table
reorgs, etc. Would any of the tools you have mentioned, like DDF and DRDA,
allow the use of certain table replication/propagation without the intervention
of the source CPU?