From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Frank
Allan Rasmussen [frank.allan.rasmus...@regionsyddanmark.dk]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 8:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: VSAM extended allocation

Hi

It seems that 3390-9 has the same number of tracks on our system. And that
the IDCAMS input, I thought was the current and correct input, can not be
correct.

We will follow your adwise.

Just a thought - if we were to add a new (empty) 3390-9 to the storagegroup
we would have a secornd allocation go there with 9980 cyls allocated?

Mvh
Frank

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:28:03 -0400, O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]
<obrie...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

>Frank,
>
>  On my system a 3390-9 has 150K tracks per volume or 10K cylinders so I
would suggest you repro your file out to backup, delete/define your VSAM file
with something more reasonable like CYL(300 200) and VOLUMES(* * *  * * *
>or increase the Volumes parameter in your Dataclass, then repro your backup
back into your newly defined VSAM file.

Lizette Koehler [stars...@mindspring.com]