Hi

A re-allocation of the dataset would be with something like CYLS(3000 2000)
VOLUMES(* * * * * *).

Adding a new empty volume to the storage group would be a quick-and-dirty
workaround, not a permanent solution.

And I have downloaded the "VSAM De-Mystified" and are planning to read it
real-soon-now......

Thanks to everybody for the feedback and advise.

Mvh
Frank

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:53:02 -0400, O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]
<obrie...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

>Frank,
>
>  According to the manual (and another post) VSAM extends with the Primary
allocation.
>Assuming that I misunderstood and you plan to re-allocate with 9980 as your
Primary allocation, let me ask - Why would you use a Primary allocation that is
so large that it
>effectively excludes most if not all of the volumes in your storage group? My
advice to you is to make your Primary Secondary smaller more reasonable
values.

>  Get a copy of VSAM De-Mystified from IBM Redbooks. Much of what you
think you know about VSAM is false. Don't take that personally, it applies to
almost everybody including me.

Frank Allan Rasmussen [frank.allan.rasmus...@regionsyddanmark.dk]