Edward Jaffe wrote:
Chase, John wrote:
If I did that, wouldn't I have all of the PTFs that haven't yet gone
through CST?

Yes, but you can APPLY by SOURCEID(RSU*).

Right now, I just RECEIVE ORDER CONTENT(RECOMMENDED), whatever comes back comes back, and I APPLY *all* of it with a "canned" job stream that's always the same. Simple.

The suggestion seems to be to use RECEIVE ORDER CONTENT(ALL) and then selectively manage what comes back. I become the one who decides which fixes have undergone enough testing and which have not. I have to keep track of these numbered/dated RSUs to help understand which fixes I want and which I don't. And, I have to be sure to specify the right RSU value(s) at APPLY time.

From where I sit, this process sounds like extra work. Clearly, this is a job to be undertaken by a professional sysprog--something I've never claimed to be.

I think I'll stick with simple...

If you want to apply all RSU maintenance, you can specify
RSU* on the APPLY.

Is CONTENT(RECOMMENDED) different than RSU?

--
Richard