Jacky,

If you're trying to cut costs I hope you've gone to sub-capacity
pricing.  That will definitely help in the cost area.  I just checked
our invoice for operating system software and RMF is less than 4% of the
total cost.  I absolutely agree with other responses here.  A shop
runnning z/OS definitely needs RMF or CMF.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

__
> _____________
>
> Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
of
> this message.

__
> _____________
>

> >Date:    Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:51:34 +1000
> >From:    Paul Gillis <pgil...@pc-link.com.au>
> >Subject: Re: Implications of not having CMF or RMF - Urgent
> >
> >G'day Jacky,
> >
> >I do not believe so. There may be some performance monitors on the
CBT
> site,
> >but you will get what your client is prepared to pay for.
> >
> >Nine tenths of Zero.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Paul Gillis
>
> >> Due to licensing cost cutting my client is considering removing
CMF.
> Also
> >> he is not ready to go for RMF software.
> >>
> >> Would like to know is there any third party tool which generates
Type
> 70-
> >> 79 records as being generated by these tools.
> >>
> >> We are running SYSPLEX. Without these tools is there any other way
by
> >> which we can get LPAR / Partition / Coupling Facility LPAR wise CPU
MSU
> /
> >> MIPS report for every 15 min. interval ?
> >>
> >> JAcky
>
> Hi Jacky,
>
> I also think that without either RMF or CMF you have problems with
SDSF
> (assuming a MAS).
>
> From memory you get a RMF SYSPLEX not active message and your DA
screen is
> blank.
>
> Thanks & Regards,

> Stephen Hall
> Mainframe Platform Manager
> INSURANCE AUSTRALIA GROUP (IAG)
>
> www.iag.com.au
>
> PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT
> BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.

__
> _____________
>
> The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if
any)
> is intended
> only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
> The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
> review,
> retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
in
> reliance
> upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is
> prohibited.
>
> If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete
> this e-mail
> and associated material from any computer.
>
> The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce,
disclose or
> distribute
> the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files, with
the
> permission
> of the sender.
>
> This message has been scanned for viruses with Symantec Scan Engine
and
> cleared by
> MailMarshal.

__
> _____________

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.