2009/5/8 Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>:
> I am trying to create a panel that has something like a password field.  When
> you enter the password, it replaces the characters as they are typed from
> source to "stars".
>
> Is this possible?  Or is INTENS(NON) my only option?

Surely even if the hardware was capable, using stars would be less
secure against shoulder surfing than the current blanks. It a lot
easier to see how many stars have been typed than how many blanks.

I think Lotus Notes (of all things) has it right; it replaces each
character with some random number of Xs from 1 to 4 as you type, so it
is virtually impossible to tell how many have been keyed.

Tony H.