I have added the public key from our partner into our Top Secret envrionment.
Now I need to see if it actually encrypted with that public key.  Here I am
still not understanding this process of public keys so well.

IEC205I SYSUT2,LK41591T,COPYIT1,FILESEQ=1, COMPLETE VOLUME LIST,
DSN=STORAGE.ENCRYPT$.TEST.VOL4R,VOLS=300027,
LISTED VOL(S) HAVE BEEN DATA ENCRYPTED,KL1CD:L,KL2CD:H,
KL1=rsaceru,KL2=EMKLOWES,TOTALBLOCKS=1

I then took the tape and wrote back out the file.  Which was successful.  I
thought if I used a public key I would not be able to read the tape again.  Yet
my test did not support that thought.

So my questions
1)  When you encrypt a tape with a public key, can you still read it?
2)  How can you verify that the tape is actually setup to use the public key
and not my private key?
3)  We are using EKM software from IBM, are there any displays that will help
me verify that my partner will be able to read the tape?
    Anything in ISMF, or CA1?

Thanks

Lizette