From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Miklos Szigetvari
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Migrate at close

Hi

We are a  software development shop, so backup is not so important, but
important would be
to have the data in ML2 , and not use up our precious online disk space.
Independent from this  , if there is a recall  at alloc, it would be
possible(?) to migrate at free (?)

O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:

>Miklos,
>
>  Do you really want to be without a HSM Backup for these datasets?
>
>You could either add a HBACKDS 'dataset' WAIT before the HMIG in Mark's
suggestion or assign a Management class of Primary days = 0 and ML1 days
= 0. HSM will migrate directly to ML2 after the Incremental is taken.
Not immediately but at the next Interval or Primary Space Mgmt. window.

Mark Jacobs [mark.jac...@custserv.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:05 AM
>To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
>Subject: Re: Migrate at close
>
>Miklos Szigetvari wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>In some cases ,  it would be nice to migrate a dataset to ML2,  as
>>soon as it has been writen and closed.
>>Can I achive this ?
>>

>How about adding a step to the end of the job to issue the HMIG
commands?

>//HMIG EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
>//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
>//SYSTSIN DD *
> HMIG 'DATASET' ML2
>/*
>

>--
>Mark Jacobs
>Time Customer Service
>Tampa, FL
>----
>
>In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
>In practice there is.
>
>- Yogi Berra

>send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

>send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Miklos Szigetvari

Development Team
ISIS Information Systems Gmbh
tel: (+43) 2236 27551 570
Fax: (+43) 2236 21081

E-mail: miklos.szigetv...@isis-papyrus.com

Info: i...@isis-papyrus.com
Hotline: +43-2236-27551-111

Visit our Website: http://www.isis-papyrus.com
This e-mail is only intended for the recipient and not legally
binding. Unauthorised use, publication, reproduction or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted.
no responsibility for malicious or inappropriate content.

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."