From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Chris Mason
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Configuring APPN using Hipersockets

John

Here's some samples to get you started taken from some definitions I set
up
for a customer last year:

Sample Enterprise Extender Major Node
-------------------------------------

         VBUILD TYPE=XCA
name     PORT  MEDIUM=HPRIP,                       enterprise extender *
               HPREELIV=YES,             HPR liveness reduction for EE *
               IPPORT=12000,                first of 5 IP port numbers *
               IPRESOLV=0,                         no resolver timeout *
               IPTOS=(20,40,80,C0,C0),                types of service *
               LIVTIME=(20,60),                 LDLC inoperative timer *
               SRQRETRY=4,             short request timer retry count *
               SRQTIME=3                  short request timer interval
name     GROUP IPADDR=aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa,    VIPA for enterprise extender *
               AUTOGEN=(nn,prel,prep),  =< nn simultaneous connections *
               ANSWER=ON,                   allow incoming connections *
               CALL=INOUT,   use for outgoing and incoming connections *
               DIAL=YES,                  switched procedures required *
               DYNPU=YES,          dynamic link station control blocks *
               KEEPACT=YES,     reactivate automatically after failure *
               TGP=FICONEXP,        transmission group characteristics *
               UNRCHTIM=20,            allowance for IP network repair *
               VNNAME=name.name              virtual routing node name

Relevant start options:

DYNVNPFX=prec      dynamic connection network PU prefix
UNRCHTIM=(,2)      threshold for virtual routing node

EE PU and PATH for initiating connections

         VBUILD TYPE=SWNET
name     PU    CPNAME=name,                      name of adjacent SSCP *
               DISCNT=NO,                   no automatic disconnection *
               DWACT=YES,                        connect on activation *
               DWINOP=YES,                        reconnect after INOP *
               LIMRES=NO,          no automatic deactivation of LU 6.2 *
               TGP=FICONEXP,        transmission group characteristics
         PATH  IPADDR=aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa,     IP address of adjacent node *
               GRPNM=name,       name of enterprise extender XCA group *
               CALL=INOUT,           allow incoming and outgoing calls *
               REDDELAY=30,         interval between reconnect retries *
               REDIAL=FOREVER             retry automatic reconnection

Relevant start options:

CONNTYPE=APPN      APPN is to be supported
CPCP=YES           request CP-CP sessions
DYNLU=YES          dynamic creation of CDRSCs

EE PU model for accepting connections
-------------------------------------

         VBUILD TYPE=MODEL
EEMODEL  PU    DYNTYPE=EE,    enterprise extender dynamic link station *
               DISCNT=NO,                   no automatic disconnection *
               TGP=FICONEXP         transmission group characteristics

Relevant start options:

CPCP=YES           request CP-CP sessions
DYNADJCP=YES       accept adjacent node without check
DYNLU=YES          dynamic creation of CDRSCs
DYNPUPFX=pred      dynamic incoming connection PU prefix

EE PU model for connections over a connection network

         VBUILD TYPE=MODEL
VNMODEL  PU    DYNTYPE=VN,   virtual routing node dynamic link station *
               DISCNT=NO                    no automatic disconnection

Start Options:

DYNADJCP=YES       accept adjacent node without check
DYNLU=YES          dynamic creation of CDRSCs

RTP PU model
------------

         VBUILD TYPE=MODEL
RTPMODEL PU    DYNTYPE=RTP,                                  RTP model *
               DISCNT=(DELAY,,10),         disconnect after time value *
               LIMRES=YES              automatically deactivate LU 6.2

Relevant start options:

CPCP=YES           request CP-CP sessions
DYNLU=YES          dynamic creation of CDRSCs

Comments:

If you do *not* want to set up connection network with a virtual routing
node
to represent the IP network for the purpose of establishing connections
between nodes which do not have permanent connections, you should remove

the TGP, UNRCHTIM and VNNAME from the XCA GROUP statement. The
DYNVNPFX and UNRCHTIM start options and the DYNTYPE=VN model PU also
become irrelevant.

If you are going to use a connection network because you have nodes
which
do not have permanent connections between them, you should understand
the mechanism behind the UNRCHTIM operand and start option and set
appropriate values for your configuration. Also note that, I have set
DISCNT=NO in the DYNTYPE=VN model so that, when a connection is
established dynamically on demand, it is *not* disconnected after use,
this
being sensible behaviour for a small number of nodes but not necessarily
for a
large number of nodes with infrequent internode traffic over the
connections
established dynamic.

It is very highly recommended to specify the TGP operand so a possibly
appropriate profile name has been suggested wherever it is relevant. The

value of the CAPACITY characteristic strongly affects the start-up
performance of Rapid Transport Protocol (RTP) connections.

The LIVTIME operand shown does not have the default values. The values
given may be considered as they exploit the possibility to reduce the
frequency of connectivity testing over the connectionless IP network.

The SRQRETRY and SRQTIME operands shown also do not have the default
values. The values given are more appropriate for short distances over
fast
media with few or no intervening router nodes.

Note that DWACT and DWINOP operands have been set to YES in order
automatically to initiate connections and maintain connections, where
possible. In addition REDIAL operand has been set to FOREVER so that the

attempt to establish a connection is continuous with the interval given
by the
value of the REDDELAY operand.

The RTP model is relevant because Enterprise Extender necessarily uses
High
Performance Routing (HPR) and, hence, RTP connections. The only relevant

operands have been shown with defaults for the DISCNT and LIMRES
operands. These defaults can be discerned only with some difficulty in
the
manuals!

Of the relevant start options shown, CONNTYPE and DYNADJCP have the
default setting but CPCP and DYNLU do not and therefore need to be
specified
in order to match the minimal definitions in these samples.

-

Chris Mason

On Tue, 19 May 2009 11:04:24 -0700, John Au <john...@paccar.com>
wrote:

>Chris,
>
>Thanks for the info.  I'll direct my attention to setting up Enterprise
>Extenders for both LPARs.

MPC
>>and local major nodes for each LPAR without any luck.

Communications