On Thu, 21 May 2009 15:29:12 +0100, Jim McAlpine <jim.mcalp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And to answer Walts suggestion, no we
>can't have the COBOL program invoked from IKJEFT01 as that part of the
>architecture is carved in stone.

I'm not sure how this counts as "architecture", Jim.  If I had said,
couldn''t you have a TSO user run the COBOL program, that might be
architecture.  But all my suggestion is is a JCL change (as I suspect you
know), but perhaps others in your organization don't understand?

Instead of

// EXEC PGM=cobol-program,PARM='whatever'
// DD statements here

you go with

// EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,PARM='CALL *(cobol-program)' ''whatever'''
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN DD DUMMY
// DD statements here

The COBOl program should never notice the difference.

--
  Walt