2009/5/22 Jim McAlpine <jim.mcalp...@gmail.com>

> OK, we've implemented that bit of code and got to the point of executing
> IKJEFTSR to issue a LISTDS command but that invocation failed with -
>
> IKJEFTSR FAILED - RC=          -1
>         REASON CODE=          68
> and the following -
>
> IKJ56652I You attempted to run an authorized command or program.  This is
> not supported under the Dynamic TSO Environment.
>
> which seems self explanatory.  I've checked in the AUTHCMD names table and
> LISTDS is in there.  Two further questions -
>
> 1.  Does LISTDS absolutely need to be in AUTHCMD.
> 2.  Do most sites have LISTDS in AUTHCMD.

Some uses of LISTDS issue a RACHECK, which will fail with a 282-010
abend if the issuer is not APF authorized. These uses would be those
that need to open the dataset, such as the MEMBERS option.

It sounds as though IKJEFTSR is being patronizing about this, and
rather than just invoking the command unauthorized, it refuses to even
try. (Well, I know it's more complex than that, since IKJEFTSR has the
ability to invoke auhtorized programs from some unauthorized
environments. Probably they just didn't want to deal with the IKJTSOEV
case.)

However... Why do you need IKJEFTSR to run a TSO command? Maybe it's a
COBOL problem, but can you not ATTACH the command directly from your
program (unauthorized, of course) and let it run? LISTDS itself does
not check for APF before trying, so as long as you don't need to open
the dataset it should work.

Another possibility would be to make a copy of LISTDS that is not
marked AC(1), and then invoke that. But first test the particular
LISTS options you want to see how they behave in an unauthorized
environment. A quick & easy way to do that is with TSO TEST:
 READY
test *(listds) cp
 IKJ57090A ENTER COMMAND FOR CP
listds <whatever>