Ed,

And yet, IBM is hiring 1,300 people in Dubuque Iowa. I'm sure they will hire some who got laid off in other areas of the country, but it is a good sign.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Gould" <ps2...@yahoo.com>
Excellent question. Although you might end up getting told to call the
1-800 IBM number. Chuckle they wouldn't know it if it cut their head in half.

IBM really screwed the customer over when they got rid of the people x many years ago. I am happy to be far far far away from that IBM mess. If people ask me if IBM is a good investment, I tell them to run run run away as fast as you can as sometime soon it is going to belly up. If they have any business left it will probably be in INDIA. If they are doing short term its a 50-50 gamble as far as I can see.

Ed