From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Ulrich
Krueger [u...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DFHSM QUESTION - UNABLE TO BACKUP DSN

> Since the DATASET BACKUP option is held, can I assume if I issue the
RELEASE BACKUP(DSCOMMAND), the datasets will be backed up to ML1 DASD since
the TAPE(TASKS is set to (0).

IMHO ... Yes, but ...
What if a dataset backup request exceeds 850MB or the max. space available
on a single ML1 disk?
Since you don't allow tape to be used for backups, this will cause an error
and your dataset backups will be held again.
My recommendation is to first change your configuration to allow one (or
more) tape backup tasks and then release backup.

Regards,
Ulrich Krueger

I found in the doc that both options can be used in the DFHSM STORAGE
ADMINISTRATION REFERENCE ZOS V1R70.  I will take a closer look at this
option.