From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Patrick Lyon
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Kicking off an oracle process

Hello List - This question was posed to me and I would assume there would be
a way to do it, but I do not know how.  I seek the knowledge of the list to
answer it if possible.

A DBA wants to know if there is a way to request the execution of an oracle
stored procedure on another server from the mainframe and have the result
return to the mainframe.

In these days of NFS and such, I would think it would be possible, but could
use a little direction on how to achieve this.

Once again, thanks in advance to any that reply.

Pat L.

intended
information.
distribution