You may be able to use FTP to issue a command to start the Oracle process, and then GET back a file with the results.

David Stephens
Lead Systems Programmer
d...@longpelaexpertise.com.au
www.longpelaexpertise.com.au <http://www.longpelaexpertise.com.au/images/logo.gif>
Ph. 0404 757 821 (from Australia)

(Longpela Expertise Logo)
Longpela Expertise - zSeries Mainframe Consultants
Read new expert Mainframe articles every quarter in our LongEx Mainframe Quarterly <http://www.longpelaexpertise.com.au/ezine>

Patrick Lyon wrote:
Hello List - This question was posed to me and I would assume there would be a way to do it, but I do not know how. I seek the knowledge of the list to answer it if possible.

A DBA wants to know if there is a way to request the execution of an oracle stored procedure on another server from the mainframe and have the result return to the mainframe.

In these days of NFS and such, I would think it would be possible, but could use a little direction on how to achieve this.

Once again, thanks in advance to any that reply.

Pat L.