We have some large batch FTP processes that were recently identified as the
cause of major network slowdowns for online processing. More specifically,
one of our CIP routers becomes a bottleneck when batch FTP jobs start
flooding it.

We are working on a process to ensure that particular FTP batch processes
are run on a system that will not affect the problem router.

IFAIR, VTAM has/had pacing options that could help manage just this sort of
situation. Does FTP or TCPIP have a similar capability? I found nothing in the
FTP configuration about throttling or pacing. Maybe someone else has run into
a similar situation. How did or would you deal with this situation?