John said:

>I think what you want is QoS (Quality of Service). I got a headache trying to
>read:

>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/F1A1B381/2.7

Thanks, John. I appreciate the reference. That pain medication industry owes
you one. ;)

>From what I've read so far, it appears that this only applies to the TCPIP
stack on which the policy is managed. Since z/OS is not the bottleneck, my
guess is that the effect of setting up the appropriate QoS stuff on z/OS will
be of no benefit to the affected CIP router. In fact, to make matters worse,
the CIP router is connected to two z/OS systems, one of which has the
onlines, and the other the batch work.

In any case, I'll read on to see if there's any light at the end of the manual.