Hi Ray,

I reproduced your problem exactly, when I did this.  The DSORG parameter on
the SYSUT2 DD card in the second step has nothing to do with it.  Whether
you specify DSORG=PS, DSORG=PO, or do not specify it, you will continue to
receive this abend.

No one seems to have hit upon the exact cause of your problem.  It has
nothing to do with what you have in your JCL, except for the DISP on the
IEFBR14 step.  What you have done wrong, although wrong is a subjective
term in this case, is tried to create a PDS dataset using DISP=MOD, when a
PS dataset with the same name already existed.  When specifying DISP=MOD
the system will create the dataset if it does not exist, and use it if it does
exist.  So, when you ran your JOB, the IEFBR14 step did nothing, because the
dataset already existed.  That is how DISP=MOD has worked for a long time.

When the second step ran, it found the existing PS dataset and tried to add a
member to it.  Instant S013-14.

If the dataset did not exist prior to running the JOB, the presence of the
DSORG parameter in the second step also has no pertinance.  Whether you
specify DSORG=PS, DSORG=PO, or do not specify it, the JOB will run fine as
long as the dataset does not previously exist as a PS dataset.

I hope this helps.

Later

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:09:51 -0400, Baraniecki, Ray
<ray.baranie...@morganstanley.com> wrote:

>That's what thought too. Not the case. Look at my test JCL:
>

>//ALLOC   EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
>//PRTLIB    DD DSN=TSTP.TSTPRB.COMPILE.OUTPUT,
>//             DISP=(MOD,CATLG,KEEP),
>//             UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1,70)),
>//             DSORG=PO,RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=0
>//*
>//COPY    EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
>//SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=*
>//SYSUT1    DD DISP=SHR,DSN=TSTPRB.NDM.K50.TESTDATA
>//SYSUT2    DD DISP=OLD,DSN=TSTP.TSTPRB.COMPILE.OUTPUT(TESTDATA),
>//             DSORG=PS
>//SYSIN     DD DUMMY,BLKSIZE=80
>//
>

>Thanks,
>

>Ray Baraniecki
>
>Morgan Stanley GWMG
>
>18th Floor
>
>1 New York Plaza
>
>New York, NY 10004
>
>Office - 212-276-5641
>
>   Cell - 917-597-5692
>
>ray.baranie...@morganstaley.com
>
>BE CARBON CONSCIOUS. PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE
PRINTING THIS E-MAIL.

Behalf Of Neal Eckhardt
>Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:06 AM
>To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
>Subject: Re: Sequential D/S to PO D/S Member
>

>The abend code says the output DD is not a PDS, was it defined with
>
>directory blocks?
>

>IEBGENER will work as long as your SYSUT2 DD card has the member name
>
>specified in the DSN parameter.
>

>Neal

>send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

>Important Notice to Recipients:
>It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect the
purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer
instructions, or to effect any other transactions. Any such request, orders, or
instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be processed by
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
>The Global Wealth Management Group of Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated
and the Smith Barney division of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. have combined
into Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC, a new investment adviser and broker-
dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The sender of
this email is an employee of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

>Important disclosures on Morgan Stanley and Citi Investment Research &amp;
Analysis research reports may relate in part to the separate businesses of
Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Morgan Stanley that now form Morgan
Stanley Smith Barney LLC. To view these important research disclosures, go
to http://www.morganstanley.com/researchdisclosures and
https://www.citigroupgeo.com/geopublic/Disclosures/index_a.html.

>If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when
received in error. We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by
applicable law.