I think Jack is on to something here. I've been here 6 weeks and I am
NOT an sms guru. Could very well be the acs rules. My new peers are
telling me that these cloner jobs have recently (weeks ago) run fine but
only the sys1.* datasets are getting copied. All the ones like these
fail:

 AOP.SAOPEXEC
 CBC.SCCNJCL
 CEE.SCEEMSGP
 GLD.SGLDHDRC
 IOA.SIOAIBIN
 ISF.SISFJCL
 ACIF.SAPKMOD1
 AOP.SAOPMENU
 APK.SYS1.IBM.PARMLIB.V2
 ASM.SASMMAC1
 CBC.SCCNCMP
 CDS.SCDSSAMP
 CEE.SAFHFORT
 CIM.SCIMXML
 CMX.SCMXDBRM
 CSF.SCSFCLI0
 EOX.SEPHBOK1
 EOY.SEOXFONT
 EPH.SEPHCLIB
 EPH.SEPHSAMP D
 EUV.SEUVACF
 EUVF.SEUVFEXC
 FFST.V120ESA.SEPWBENU
 GDDM.SADMCDA
 GIM.SGIMCLS0
 GLD.SGLDEXEC
 GSK.SGSKSAMP
 HCM.SEEQINST
 ICQ.ICQABTXT
 IGY.SIGYCLST
 IMW.SIMWSDCK
 IOA.SIOAJAVA
 IOE.SIOEEXEC
 ISF.SISFEXEC
 ISP.SISPALIB
 JAVA.SAJVSMP1
 OMVS.JAVA31V5
 SCRIPT.R40.DCFASM
 SDF2.V1R4M0.SDGICMD
 TCPIP.SEZACMAC
 VSAPL.DZJDMY1

I'm hoping not to have rename all these files with &sysname or something
just to get them cataloged. I don't want to catalog them at all... but
then how will they be found when I IPL off the new res pack. I seem to
remember doing some cataloging with volser(******) or was that in the
dddef...

Any help greatly appreciated. Is there any doc on z/os maintenance
cloning best practices?

Ken Klein
Sr. Systems Programmer
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance - Louisville
kenneth.kl...@kyfb.com
502-495-5000 x7011