It sort of depends on what you are trying to connect.  If you are doing
mainframe to mainframe, its better to do EE.  If you have client software at
the workstation you can reconfigure some of the old TCP62 connections to TCPIP
and connect IP to IP if your mainframe application like CICS has the ability to
connect IP.

Ernie.