On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:08:42 -0400, Bill Washburn
<bwashb...@winwholesale.com> wrote:

>Here are the results of my survey on staff sizes.
>I posted the question to both the IBM-MAIN and the VSE-L groups. 10 replies
>from IBM-MAIN and 21 replies from VSE-L.
>If I'd have thought of it, I'd have asked total IT dept size as well, for
>another frame of reference. Ours is close to 50, not counting support, so
>our MF staff is a fairly small % of our total IT dept.

That's a good response from VSE-L.  I assume it doesn't have the same
number of subscribers / followers as IBM-MAIN.

So what other conclusions have you drawn?

You should have also have asked how many LPARs were being supported?
How many homogeneous & heterogeneous environments were being
supported (or how many sysplexes and monoplexes)?  If "new"
technologies were  in use (WebSphere for example & how many cells).
How many CICS regions were supported.  How many DB2 and MQ
subsystems.  How many different databases were used (IMS, DB2,
Datacom, ADABAS, etc.).

--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com