On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:32:07 +0900, Timothy Sipples <e99...@jp.ibm.com> wrote:

>OS/390 V1 is licensed software, and it is licensed to a specific machine.
>If the original poster wants to move OS/390 to another machine, he must
>seek IBM's permission. Permission will likely be granted for IBM,
>Fujitsu-Amdahl, and Hitachi hardware, new or used. It will likely not be
>granted for Hercules.
>Timothy Sipples
>IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
>Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan / Asia-Pacific
>E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com

Thanks, Timothy. That's about the clearest statement I've seen so far from
IBM. May we take this as official IBM policy?

I guess your statement must be based upon some sort of official documents or
other information that you have access to as an IBMer. If you could
elaborate on the basis for your statement, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Roger Bowler
http://www.openmainframe.org