From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John Mattson
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 3:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] Control HSM Pri/SEC migration from batch job

Does anyone have a REXX or other BATCH utility one can use to set DFHSM
primary and secondary migration times to eg: "Now Plus 2 Minutes".  I am

trying to schedule HSM migrations based on my scheduler rather than
fixed
times in the HSM SETSYS.  Basically the fixed times in ARCCMD00 may not
correspond to my schedule when there are processing problems etc etc
etc.
My basic idea it to execute a batch REXX which creates HSM commands like
"
HSEND SETSYS PRIMARYSPMGMTSTART(1148 1155)"  where the start time is
current system clock plus sum minutes.  Someone must have done this
before.

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."