Perhaps Kurt Quackenbush (or someone else) would have a better way or "more proper" way to do it, but I think this should work:

++USERMOD (UMISPMZ) . ++VER (Z038) FMID(HIF5H02) . ++EXEC(ISRONLY) DISTLIB(AISPEXEC) ALIAS(ONLY) SYSLIB(SISPEXEC) TXLIB(SISPSAMP). ++JCLIN. //STEP1 EXEC PGM=IEBCOPY //SISPSAMP DD DSN=SISPSAMP,DISP=SHR //SISPEXEC DD DSN=SISPEXEC,DISP=SHR //SYSIN DD * COPY INDD=SISPSAMP,OUTDD=SISPEXEC TYPE=DATA SELECT MEMBER=ISRONLY SELECT MEMBER=ONLY ALIAS OF ISRONLY /*

I was out of the office for a couple of days, so I'm a little late, but here's my 2 cents: The above USERMOD should indeed work, except you can scrap the JCLIN since it has no affect and is ignored by SMP/E. That is, all "TYPE=DATA" copy steps are ignored.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development