Yes, this is essentially what I do too.

The problem I have with changing the RMID via UCLIN approach is that you have to (I believe) undo it via UCLIN at RESTORE time. I prefer not to have to that.

As an aside, the thing I do in cases like this is to replace the SAMP with something like this:

++ SAMP(ISRONLY)
* See USERMOD xxxxxxx                     *

This both updates the RMID so I get MODID error if IBM updates the SAMP and provides some doc if somebody is looking at the SAMP library.

And it's not my idea. It's something, like so many things I do, that got posted on this list ???? years ago. I have no shame when it come to using the ideas of the more knowledgeable people on this list. :-)

--
Jeff