On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:41:59 -0400, Neal Eckhardt
<neckha...@penntraffic.com> wrote:

>I have a REXX exec that writes tapes (using TSO ALLOCATE) that I want to
>run as a started task. The STC has an ACID associated with it (Top Secret
>obviously), and the ACID has an entry in UADS to get MOUNT authority.
>
>No matter what I do, I still get the message:
>
>IKJ56644I NO VALID TSO USERID, DEFAULT USER ATTRIBUTES USED.
>
>Is it even possible to run the TSO TMP as a started task and have it pick
>up a valid Userid?
>
>Oh, and yes, there is a DD statement to SYS1.UADS in the JCL.

If you were on a system using RACF, that message would indicate that either:
(a) the STC was not running with an identity at all; or
(b) the STC had an identity, but it did not have a TSO segment and did not
have entry in UADS (and SYS1.UADS would not be needed in its JCL, by the way).

--
Walt Farrell, CISSP
IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design