Sounds to me to be more of an installation configuration issue, not a
problem w/WLM inits.  I am not going to second guess the way you
operate, but in order to handle this you can use SYSAFF or WLM
Scheduling Environments.

<snip>
... It took me quite a while to figure out that the job had been routed
by WLM
(despite an open initiator on a system without *any batch*) to a system
it
shoudn't/cannot run on! Not having the command ready to make it JES-
managed again and not using the sysaff statement correctly, it took me a

good 45 minutes to get that job to run on the system it was supposed to
run!

(To explain further, we do NOT use SYSAFF. Our system-affinity is set by

specifying an init that only exists on *that* system!)

So don't tell me how great WLM-managed inits are! They're not. We're
1.8.
</snip>