We will be migrating DFHSM 3590 native tapes from a 3494ATL/B18 Vts
environment to a new IBM TS7700. The 3590's  will be recycled via HSM onto
virtual 3490E media type 2 volumes(4000MB) in the new VTS. My question is -
Is this feasible to take 3590(10GB uncomressed tapes) compressed data tapes
and move the data onto the smaller 3490E's? If my calculations are correct we
will need 4 or 5 virtual volumes for each physical 3590 which means our TMC
volume count will rise dramatically but I am more concerned about the impact
to HSM and the CDS's because we will probably have more connected volume
groups.

Thanks,
Wayne Bileci