John

I'm not familiar with NVAS but this messages looks like the sort that is
presented to a feeble end user who could not cope with complicated technical
explanations and so the ridiculous words "network constraints" are used which
could means anything.

Looking at the NVAS Messages manual I see some which contain VTAM "nitty-
gritty" such as "RPLREQ = Xcc, RTNCD = Xrr, FDBK2 = Xff, SENSE = Xssssssss,
LU = llllllllll, CID = Xidididid.", that is, "stuff" with which I can work.
That
suggests that there may be more useful messages in an NVAS log. You should
check such a log for the time you had your problem, perhaps using the name
of the secondary APPL statement you were using. I hope the relevant name is
presented somewhere on your NVAS panel.

In addition to that there may well be VTAM messages describing something
having gone wrong on the console also at the time you had your problem -
more handy "nitty-gritty" than the stupid "network constraints".

Lastly, what you should be using to resolve this sort of problem is NetView
Session Monitor, aka NLDM. Unfortunately, every time I suggest checking
NetView Session Monitor, I'm told it has not been enabled even if the
installation has installed NetView - the real NetView, not these label-
engineered hangers-on!

If by some miracle you have NLDM available, you should look for your session
setup attempt there with someone who understands VTAM and SNA. If there
are any SNA flows associated with the problem they will be laid out for you
there - possibly after having authorised some levels of session awareness and
tracing.

Please report back on anticipated progress.

Chris Mason