On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 02:14:48 -0400 Gerhard Postpischil <gerh...@valley.net>
wrote:

:>Binyamin Dissen wrote:
:>> Before RACF there were expiration dates.

:>Expiration dates are too easy to bypass.

Required access to the console.

:>                                         Better protection was
:>afforded by password protection, and even better (thanks to S.
:>Metz) setting the password bits in the DSCB1 without having a
:>password entry in the PASSWORD data set.

That was for protection. I remember that we used expiration dates on all
system datasets.

http://www.dissensoftware.com