On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Klein, Kenneth wrote:
>  ftp put from the mainframe would be faster than ftp get from the pc.

    Of course, this implies that he would have an ftp server running on
the PC. (Why would this be faster, by the way?)

> > I am downloading it through FTP... normally i download from the PCOM
> > itself...

    That's good. The TN3270 file transfer protocol is about the slowest
thing going. I wouldn't ever use it for a very large file. Just how
large is the dataset?

    A lot depends on what ftp client you're using on the PC - some are
more efficient than others. (I use FileZilla on either Unix or Windoze
workstations.)

    System performance shouldn't take too big a hit from this.

Cheers,
Bob

--
Bob Woodside