From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Staller, Allan
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: What's the difference in SMP/E between the SOURCEID's
called RSUnnnn and PUTnnnn ???

1) delete/define/copy the failed dataset to a larger size with the
original name. The failing datasets will be identified in SMPLOG.

2) Re-run the apply, unchanged.

OR

1) Create/copy to NEW
2) UPDATE SMP DDDEFs to point to NEW
3) Re-run the apply unchanged
4) UNDO steps 1 and 2. I.e. rename .new to orig, recat as needed,....
Update dddefs to original.

<snip>
 I ran with the smp control cards I listed earlier. I got a lot of D37's
(11) but many recovered after the compress. Now 5 datasets are still
100% full so I can't tell if the module got loaded or not but probably
not.
</snip>

EXACTLY!
<snip>
I can iebcopy to a new dataset .....
</snip>

Easy enough to fix w/IDCAMS
<snip>
Would a rename at that point mess up the master catalog that is in use
on the other currently running resvol?
</snip>

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html