>We used to have an exec that deleted all of the spool datasets older than 7
>days old from our VM spool.
>I think once I accidently entered todays date,
instead of the date 7 days ago, and deleted everything.

Back in 1981, we had a special output queue class (not held, or printed) for
developer output.
Before automation, we had to enter a $PQ,Q=... command to clear it out on
weekends.

This was before $PQ,ALL was implemented.
I issued $PQ -- then the phone rang.
I answered it, resolved the issue, and went back to what I was doing --
forgetting what I was in the middle of.
Oops. You guessed it.
Fortunately, they allowed me to keep my job.

Also, we didn't have a SPOOL shortage problem for months after that.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!