On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:55:11 +0000, Ted MacNEIL
<eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Before automation, we had to enter a $PQ,Q=...

I was going to bring that up.   There were probably VERY few times
when $PQ was entered on purpose but if entered it was processed
without question.  The only time I saw it happen the command was
immediately followed by a finger pressing LOAD.  Only a few dozen
listings were lost.  Nobody questioned that solution, but those
were simpler days back then.    (And that is no longer an available
solution anyway.  Doing the load via the HMC?  You'd have a
pristine queue before you got logged on.)

There are some commands that are just so unlikely that they should
be questioned.  But that should probably be done by something
with significant inteligence, not applied to everry command that
could possible do harm.

Pat O'Keefe