You can use an MPF exit to automatically reply to this message.

IE

ICK003D,USEREXIT(WTOERU)     REPLY U FOR VOLUME INITIALIZATION

I have exaples if you would like

Jerry

"Staller, Allan" <allan.stal...@kbm1.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
07/30/2009 08:45 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: Special RACF users and message ICH301I

I believe there is a "freebie" automation product on the CBT tape. Try
CBT708. It's on my list of things to do, but I haven't had time...

HTH,

<snip>
This didn't used to be a big deal  when we had 24x7 operations support,
but those were the days.  Now we just have dayshift and swing.  We don't
have an automation product and cannot purchase any software during these
budget times.

Our RACF folks have the special attribute and they don't get revoked if
they forget their password.  Instead this message is posted to the console
-

ICH301I MAXIMUM PASSWORD ATTEMPTS BY SPECIAL USER   userid

* nn ICH302D REPLY Y TO ALLOW ANOTHER ATTEMPT OR N TO REVOKE USER userid

While the WTOR is posted, nobody else can log on either.  Does anyone know
of a way to 'automate' a reply to this message without an automation
product?
</snip>

Notice: This e-mail message and its attachments are the property of
Wendy's/Arby's Group Inc. or one of its subsidiaries and may contain
confidential or legally privileged information intended solely for the use of
the addressee(s). If you are not an intended recipient, then any use, copying
or distribution of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If
you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message entirely from your system.