On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:17:39 +0200, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>W dniu 2012-06-15 01:07, Skip Robinson pisze:
>> Our operators never 'change IPL address'. They select the appropriate LOAD
>> profile on the HMC before IPL. We don't find it necessary on a regular
>> basis, but each LOAD profile can contain a unique LOADPARM value where the
>> specified LOADxx suffix points to a unique IPLPARM member. That way no one
>> has to edit anything on a regular basis. Each LOADxx can specify a unique
>> concatenation of IEASYMxx members. All controlled by LOAD profile.
>
>That's really good approach for "static scenario" - always the same
>system is IPLed of given LPAR. However sometimes there is a need to
>"dynamically" change the system, for example this week we run MVS123,
>next week we will run MVS456 on the same LPAR. In such case you have to
>change IPL parameters. Of course there is still possibility to choose
>IEASYMxx inplicitly, via LOADyy.

Exactly what I have to do.  We have a couple of sandbox sysplexes (2 LPARs
per sysplex) that have "static lpars".  But I have to share a couple of
other monoplex sandbox environments in a single LPAR.   One of them
is able to share the LOADxx member with the other sandboxes (the one
up and running most often).  The other one is just IPLed with a different
LOADxx member when we need that system active.

mailto:m...@mzelden.com