On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:59:13 -0500, Elardus Engelbrecht
<elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:

>Mark Zelden wrote:
>
>>What do you mean you don't use reserves?  You have commented them out in the
>>code, or your IODF/HCD isn't coded for shared DASD thus not issuing the
>>reserves?
>
>Hmmm, interesting. I will have a talk with my HCD folks...
>
>>If you are seeing the start pendings, it looks like you do have the reserves
>>in the code.   All my LPARs start an STC using the SMFDUMP program that
>>issues the "I SMF" at the same time and there is no problem.
>
>Ah, that is a relief. It must be something else or I need to
>re-assemble/verify my source...
>
>Mark, many many many thanks for your kind answers. This will surely help!

You're welcome.   As far as I can tell from one of your posts, I am using the
same
code you do.   I do asm/lnk with other usermods / exits for each OS upgrade.

These are the only changes I have, and the last change was in 2000 (discussed
on this list also IIRC):

*  THIS IS THE SAMPLE SMFDUMP PROGRAM TAKEN FROM CPAC.SAMPLIB         *
*  AS IS, EXCEPT THE RESERVE FOR A DUMPOUT ON DASD HAS BEEN REMOVED.  *
*  SIX LINES OF CODE WERE COMMENTED OUT. FIND 'MSZ' FOR THE LINES.    *
*  I ALSO CHANGED A MULTI LINE WTO - BROKE WITH OS/390 2.8            *
*        WTO   TEXT=(MSG1,MSG2),MF=(E,MSG007)  ISSUE MSG              *
*          WAS CHANGED TO:                                            *
*        WTO   TEXT=((MSG1,),(MSG2,)),MF=(E,MSG007)                   *
*                       MARK ZELDEN  01/27/2000                       *

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com