On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Art <aa...@usa.net> wrote:

> Hi would anyone know of a calculator and/or formal via rexx that I could
> use/setup to convert decimal to bytes. I would like to multiply xxxxx
> (decimal) by 80 and add an extra 80 bytes.

"Yes" to the question (even if it doesn't have a question mark), though I
have no idea what "a formal" is in this context.

As others have noted, this is either a homework assignment or a very
confused question.

 y = (xxxxx+1) * 80

would seem to work, but that's so obvious that I'm assuming it's not the
answer.

If I just did your homework for you: abandon hope, you'll never make it if
you couldn't figure that out. That sounds harsh but it's just being
realistic.
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"