One last time. As 'new' message rather than reply.

Looks like I got hit by the ghost of Christmas alien. I'll try one more
time.

One big distinction of true 'system STCs' is the ability to start a task
using this proc:

//IEESYSAS PROC PROG=IEFBR14
//IEFPROC  EXEC PGM=&PROG
//* THE IEESYSAS PROCEDURE IS SPECIFIED IN THE
//* PARAMETER LIST TO IEEMB881 BY MVS COMPONENTS
//* STARTING FULL FUNCTION SYSTEM ADDRESS SPACES.

AFAIK tasks that use IEESYSAS are all started by MVS, but I just verified
that it's possible to start one by hand: s ieesysas,prog=iefbr14 . The
task ran but of course didn't do anything.

Here a few real system tasks started with IEESYSAS at IPL time: CEAINIT,
IWMINJST, IXGBLF01, IFASMF, ANTMAIN, etc.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
SCE Infrastructure Technology Services