On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:04:20 +0200, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>W dniu 2012-06-22 13:44, Elardus Engelbrecht pisze:
>[...]
>>
>> PFA? Sorry, which meaning are you using here? AcronymFinder gave me lots of
>> possible definitions ... ;-)
>
>Wild guess: Predictive Failure Analysis, part of z/OS.
>It's kind of extension of HealthChecker, but it analyze trends and warns
>if the trend looks suspected.

Correct.  Unfortunately due to a data center move, I didn't do z/OS 1.12
last year, and that is when the function came in.   I am just starting
z/OS 1.13 roll outs (other than sandbox) this weekend.   I don't have
PFA running except in a sandbox now because I just didn't see enough
value with the other monitors we have in production to enable it, but
since we have had problems on more than a few occasions in the
past with loss of SMF data (which is extremely critical to for charge
back), this alone gives me a pretty good reason to enable it.

mailto:m...@mzelden.com