On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 10:28:10 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>I was wrong. I got confused with GIMUNZIP. AMATERSE does not TERSE
>groups of files or dynamically output the output file.

Hmmm.  I hadn't thought of using GIMZIP/GIMUNZIP as a general
purpose archiving/transfer/restore utility.  Does its specialized
design imply any restrictions?  Will it package PS files that
aren't F80?  I doubt that it will do anything reasonable with
z/OS UNIX (USS) files.  And it's a batch design -- no prompting
for confirmation on replacing existing files.  And it still creates
a hierarchy of directories which would further need to be
wrapped (tar?) for transfer.

-- gil