Craig -
Tried your suggesting early on; output below.
- Ken

DELETE  MY.VSAM.DATA                                   -

        NOSCRATCH                                      -

        CATALOG(                                       -

                MY.ACTIVE.USERCAT                      -

               )

IDC2552I ENTRY TYPE IS INVALID FOR DELETE

IDC0551I ** ENTRY MY.VSAM.DATA NOT DELETED

IDC0001I FUNCTION COMPLETED, HIGHEST CONDITION CODE
WAS 8