Buy a PC from eBay do a drive copy from the original to the purchased one. Bill the bean counters for services rendered.

Scott

On 07/14/2012 12:22 PM, Karl Severson wrote:
We shipped the z10 system I've been working on for the last six months to a
customer. The PC with the DS6000 console did not make the trip because of a
beancounting hickup. We weren't allowed to ship this PC because it belonged to our
company - not the one receiving the z10. So far, attempts to reason with the powers
that be, even by the business partner that originally installed the system, have
fallen on deaf ears. So, what are my options? I suppose if the customer could
locate a similar PC we could send out the hard drive with the configuration on it.
Would just the configuration files work with a new installation of the console
software on a totally different PC? I'd sure hate to have to reinstall the whole
system (OS, compilers, accounts & data) because we couldn't use a $100 PC that
would have been surplussed if we hadn't snagged it for DS6000 console duty.
Thanks in advance!
Karl Severson
Raytheon Company