I have a little dataset which contains
//REMOTE   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.(&SYSTEM)
//REMOTE   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.(SYSTEM)
//REMOTE   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR(SYSTEM)
//SYSIN    DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=&PDQ.ALC.UNVLIB(&UCMIN)
X/MYSCRIPT DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=&PDQ.ALC.UNVLIB(&MY)

I have a little REXX which I want to "FIND" these strings
/* REXX */
TRACE I
Address ISPEXEC
"ISREDIT MACRO (MEM) NOPROCESS"
"CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE'                        "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR'                   "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.'                  "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.('                 "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.(&'                "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.(&SYSTEM)'         "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=&PDQ.ALC.UNVLIB(&UCMIN)'                 "
"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=&PDQ.ALC.UNVLIB(&MY)'                    "
EXIT

        The First Three FIND's work fine.  Starting from the fourth find,
they all get RC=4, not found.  Even tho I can clearly see that the strings
exist in the dataset.  What in the whirled is going on here?? Is there
something "special" about two &'s in a string?  I have tried removing the
second & from both the find and my dataset and the find still fails.  I am
at wits end here.
        I have also tried "extracting" the actual finds like: F ALL
'DISP=SHR,DSN=&PDQ.ALC.UNVLIB(&MY)'and executing them in TSO, and they all
work. What is special here.  FYI, the final " is in col 71