From:   "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" <shmuel+...@patriot.net>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   07/19/2012 07:17 AM
Subject:        Re: REXX ISPF edit FIND failing
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

In
<9b26bc6a6df52d4483dd73b1fe7b4b0658b83d6...@uspho-mxvs07.amer.thermo.com>,
on 07/18/2012
   at 10:37 AM, "Hardee, Chuck" <chuck.har...@thermofisher.com> said:

>Uh, I don't think so.
>You're thinking CLIST not REXX.

I doubt it. What he wrote was 'The problem is that ISPF/ISREDIT
evaluates/substitutes any ISPF variable, which in this case is
"&PDQR".', which does not refer to either CLIST or REXX variables.

>Try adding the statement: &PDQR="A"

To set the ISPF variable PDQR from REXX he needs to dreop the
ampersand:

    PDQR="A"

>You will see in the trace that &PDQR was not substituted.

In what trace? The REXX trace is not relevant to substitutions
performed by ISPF.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>