Personally I would use the ISPF Picture string instead of a physical line

For example
    "ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.'                  "

would become
    "ISREDIT F ALL p'DISP=SHR=DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE$PDQR$'                  "

The equal signs equate to any char.
The $ equate to any special char (& . , etc...)

This might make it work better

Lizette