On Behalf Of Ed Gould
>>Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:31 PM
>>To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
>>Subject: Re: Decouple Accenture's Install-1 from CICS

>On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:56 PM, George, William@FTB wrote:
>> ---------------------------------
>> SNIP----------------------------------------

>> For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
>> email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
>>

>> Scott
>>
>> Thanks for the info.  I'm currently checking with our system's
>> folks and management to see if there was ever any conversation's
>> with Foundation regarding your question.  There has been a
>> tremendous amount of turnover over the years and at this point
>> there is only a hodge podge of broken tid bits of information.
>>
>> Thanks again
>> Bill

>Bill,
>Just a small opinion here. Sometimes its better to bite the bullet
>and do a clean install. That is now you got a good base to play with.
>Ed

Ed

Nothing really to clean install that I can think of.  If we remove
Design\1 and Install\1 from CiCS we'll have hundreds of programs to
rework to do the navigation logic and CICS calls that Install\1 was (is)
doing in its black box.  Not to mention the building of the BMS map
source for the hundreds of maps. Install\1 keeps the map source hidden
within its box also so we would have to use DFHBMSUP to recreate them
which will be a piece of work as the utility does not carry over all the
field names and give them generic names.
Hence, my inquiry to anyone that may have gone through this and hoping
for a better way.

Thanks
Bill

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole
use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or
distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.