That is a pretty nifty idea--I like it, simple and to the point.

Too bad that the result of the query is rather variable and unstructured.  It
would be nice if IBM would maintain a central database of messages and
descriptions that would be easily queried instead of this "we'll hopefully find
you manual page someplace".

Of course that's QuickRef's added value: I put my cursor on a message, hit a PF
key and get the message description.  Without leaving ISPF.  Of course whether
that extra speed and convenience can be cost-justified is another question...

Scott